Thursday, February 10, 2005

Big Fat Comeback "Show"....

Upon the recommendation of a friend of mine, I participated in the open mic show at the Chatterbox Pub yesterday....

It's been almost 9 years since I performed an entire show consisting of original material in front of an audience, so not much has changed from the set list in that period of time....yeah, I've written a lot of new songs, but none that I'm terribly comfortable performing yet....so, I stuck with the old tried and true favorites...."John Tesh"...."Just Get Him"...."Juliana Hatfield"..."Holiday Inn Massacre"....and a handful of reliable covers, including Young MC's "Bust a Move."

I expected to play only about 15 minutes, for which I was adequately prepared....however, due to the fact that I was one of only two people playing last night, I ended up performing for a little over an hour. It was a little rough at first, I had already consumed 88 oz of beer, plus I'm not used to not hearing myself in a monitor, so that added to the confusion....I couldn't really hear my guitar, so I didn't know if I was singing in key, or not...according to those in the know, I sounded fine.

I did forget a few chords, and some lyrics, but like I said, I wasn't prepared to play as long as I did. Overall, it was exhilirating...and as open mic occurs every Tuesday, I expect to be down there for the next few weeks fine tuning my sound, and adding new songs to the mix....Feel free to visit the Chatterbox to see me develop my big drunk show....

Reposted from my MySpace site.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home