Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Redneck TV

I commonly refer to thunderstorms as "Redneck Television"...

The idea is that (at least in my world) "rednecks" don't own a television..they generally don't read...so, for entertainment, they'll sit out on their front porch with a beer and watch the world passing by.

Personally, I love redneck television.

Sometimes it's kids playin' with the dog....or a dead squirrel. Maybe it's someone jumping out of a bedroom window across the street, or other rednecks sittin' on their porch drinkin' beer....Perhaps it's just the cars passing by.

A real treat is usually a thunderstorm, complete with sirens blowing, and tree limbs falling, maybe even a funnel cloud sighting...

Anywoo...those who enjoy redneck television, like myself, got to watch a science fiction program last Monday night:


Arora Borealis

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Reading is for hippies, not rednecks.

How often do you get to see people jumping out bedroom windows? I think I would like to visit your neighborhood.

9:14 PM  
Blogger j eastman said...

yeah...it is pretty interesting...

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home