Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Day After....

Man...am I hung over.

Anyways....if you're reading this blog (yeah, right...now that's rich!), you're probably wondering about my thoughts regarding the Presidential Elections....

...I'm disappointed...and it's not so much who got elected, or who didn't get elected...it's just interesting that only 77% of the registered voters in my state actually voted.

Even if neither of the major presidential candidates were appealing to you, there were plenty of other choices...not to mention the option to write in your candidate....there are also local races that are most likely to affect people a little more personally than national elections...

Some would say that because of the electoral college, their vote gets lost...it's not important...their vote doesn't count. That may be true, and maybe someday it'll change...but if you don't vote, it will never change...

Seventy Seven percent. Most people would say that's a pretty good turnout...I, on the other hand, cannot fathom why a person wouldn't take some time out of their "busy" schedule to vote. It took me exactly 15 minutes to sign in, get my ballot, place my vote, and put it into the machine...I even got a nice sticker.

Plenty of time left to go home and finish off my jello shooters from the night before while watching the returns.

I was surprised to find that even people I thought I knew well either "forgot" or didn't think their vote mattered.....then, I think about those poor saps in Ohio, who waited up to TEN hours to vote...You want to know who the true American patriots are?...take a look at who was wearing that little red sticker yesterday.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.


....and now that's out of the way....

I thought I'd try and get a better pix for myself...this is the best I could come up with....




3 Comments:

Blogger princesszoe said...

dude...ur a fuckin legend!!

keep on rockin!

love zoe

4:42 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

"Even if neither of the major presidential candidates were appealing to you, there were plenty of other choices...not to mention the option to write in your candidate...."

You wrote me in, didn't you? ADMIT IT!

8:14 PM  
Blogger j eastman said...

Write you in?...

Sure, I guess so...as long as I get to be Secretary of State...that job gets lots of perks!!!!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home