Saturday, October 02, 2004

The Bait

So, I suppose, if you're reading my "blog", you’re interested in reading my opinion about Thursday nights' Presidential debate....

Unfortunately, I was incapacitated...

See, I had intended to watch the debate..in fact, I even made an "emergency" run to the liquor store specifically for the event. Lo, and behold, tequila was on sale...20% off...I'm not joking. Twenty percent.... I thought to myself that it was time I replenished my supply, so bought a couple of bottles (hey, the snow is just about to start flying around here, and nothing keeps me warmer than a cup of hot chocolate, with a shot of tequila!!!)...

Well, the "debate" didn't start until 8pm, which meant I had an awful lot of time to kill. So, I started sampling the tequila...sweet, sweet tequila....(tequila will never let me down...)

Basically, that's where my story ends. I passed out before the debates began. I awoke this morning, just before the rain started falling, and dragged myself inside...oh sure, I got all the post debate rundown, but that really doesn't interest me, nor does watching a replay of it...I need to be in the moment for an event like that...perhaps I'll try to contain my sobriety for future debates....




1 Comments:

Blogger Omni said...

Don't feel bad, I didn't see it either... I didn't even know about it until it was over.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home