Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Crazy?

It has occured to me that it is becoming increasingly more difficult to determine whether the various people I encounter during the day are going insane, that I might possibly be going insane, or that they might be simply talking on a cell phone.

With the advances in wireless technology, a person can be walking down the street, apparently talking to themselves, when in fact they actually have a cell phone hidden, and a little wire eminating from their ear attached to said cell phone. Talking and walking. Almost spy-like. It troubles the schizophrenic in me, and causes me to drink more just to be able to cope.

At what point in our civilization did it become necessary to create a device that allows a person to stay in constant contact with another person, with no outwardly apparent indication that he might be conversing with another, at the expense of my sanity?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Going back to the beginning of your little rant, I would just like to point out that you should never, ever rule out the possibility that you may be going insane. Just because they're crazy doesn't mean that you aren't crazy, too!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home